The Studio is made possible by a generous gift given to the Library from the Staffileno Family, in order that the library create a space to honor the memory of Constance E. Staffileno. The Studio was created to embody Mrs. Staffileno’s love for art and art education, and to inspire generations of innovators and art enthusiasts. Located in the lower level of the Winnetka Library, The Studio features the latest technology and equipment, such as 3D printers, Adobe Creative Cloud software, embroidery machine, and a laser cutter-engraver.
Access to the Studio is available via appointment only during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 1pm – 8pm
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
How Does It Work?
- Arrive on time to the Winnetka library and check-in at the front desk at the time of your appointment.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please call us at 847-446-7220 or email at email@example.com
- There is no eating or drinking during your appointment
Make an Appointment
Click here to schedule your appointment or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your library card number, correct contact information and project details are required.
- We will respond in 2-3 days to discuss and set the time for your appointment. Additional information may be gathered at this time about how your project can be completed based on your idea, materials and equipment as necessary.
- Appointments can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. We do not make day-of appointments.
- Limit of 1 appointment per day per person, and 2 appointments per week.
- Your project must fit within your 60-minute appointment time.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your appointment email us at email@example.com.
Equipment & Tools
Limited equipment is available for use during your appointment:
- Laser cutter
- Embroidery machine
- Sewing machine
- Vinyl cutter
- Creation stations
Bringing your own materials is always free, though staff must approve them before your appointment. If you use our materials, we add those costs to your library card as a fee. The library card owner must be present for your appointment or to purchase materials. You can pay any fees online or at the self-check kiosks on the first floor of the Winnetka Library.
3D Printing Options
We are accepting 3D print requests from Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District cardholders. Maximum of 2 prints per household per week. Your file must be sent in via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may only have one file in the print queue at any time. Wait times will vary and we do not print on demand.
Once 3D prints are completed, patrons will be contacted, and the item requested will be available for pick-up in The Studio or via Curbside Pick-Up.
The Studio Guidelines & Waiver
The Studio users must have signed the usage agreement liability waiver. Anyone under age 18 must have the Minor Child document signed by a parent or guardian.
At times, The Studio may not be appropriate for the very young due to the equipment in use and projects in progress. Please read the following General Guidelines for use of The Studio:
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com