The Studio is made possible by a generous gift given to the Library from the Staffileno Family, in order that the library create a space to honor the memory of Constance E. Staffileno. The Studio was created to embody Mrs. Staffileno’s love for art and art education, and to inspire generations of innovators and art enthusiasts. Located in the lower level of the Winnetka Library, The Studio features the latest technology and equipment, such as 3D printers, Adobe Creative Cloud software, embroidery machine, and a laser cutter-engraver.
Virtual Studio Appointments
Virtual Studio appointments are only available to Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District card holders.
How Does It Work?
- Schedule a Virtual Studio Appointment after reviewing all guidelines below
- We call and discuss your projects with you after you’ve signed up, but before your appointment, to get more information and talk about how your project can be completed based on your idea, materials and equipment
- Project materials are dropped off one half hour before your appointment and sanitized
- Ten minutes before your appointment you will receive an email with a zoom meeting link
- The appointment will be conducted over zoom and where the staff screen share and have additional cameras on the equipment for you to view what it happening as we move through your project together
- Once your project is complete you may schedule a Curbside Pickup to collect your project within two days of completion
VIRTUAL Appointment Guidelines
- You must drop off your project materials approximately 30 minutes before your appointment, park in a curbside spot and call the phone number on the sign. Inform staff you have materials to drop off. Stay in your vehicle and staff will come to your parked car to accept your project materials.
- You will be emailed a zoom meeting link 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Your project materials will be sanitized as necessary, we cannot be held responsible for damage to your items in this process.
- You may only drop off project materials for your current appointment, additional project materials will not be stored for later appointments.
- We cannot accept other library items for return when dropping off your project materials, you may deposit books and dvds in the book drop.
- Appointments can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. We do not make day-of appointments.
- Limit of 1 appointment per day per person, and 2 appointments per week.
- Your project must fit within your 60 minute appointment time.
- Appointments start and end on time, even if your project is not completed.
- You must pick up your items within two days of your appointment being finished.
Make an Appointment
Click here to schedule your appointment, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your library card number, correct contact information and project details are required.
If you have any questions or need to cancel your appointment email us at email@example.com.
Equipment & Tools
Limited equipment is available for use during your appointment:
- Laser cutter
- Embroidery machine
- Sewing machine
- Vinyl cutter
- Creation stations
Bringing your own materials is always free, though staff must approve them before your appointment. If you use our materials, we add those costs to your library card as a fee. The library card owner must be present for your appointment or to purchase materials.
Please note: We are not accepting cash at this time. You can pay any fees online or at the self-check kiosks on the first floor of the Winnetka Library.
3D Printing Options
We are accepting 3D print requests from Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District cardholders. Maximum of 2 prints per household per week. Your file must be sent in via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may only have one file in the print queue at any time. Wait times will vary and we do not print on demand.
Once 3D prints are completed, patrons will be contacted, and the item requested will be available for pick-up from the Hold Shelf on the first floor of the library or via Curbside Pick-Up.
The Studio Guidelines & Waiver
The Studio users must have signed the usage agreement liability waiver. Anyone under age 18 must have the Minor Child document signed by a parent or guardian.
At times, The Studio may not be appropriate for the very young due to the equipment in use and projects in progress. Please read the following General Guidelines for use of The Studio:
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com