Visiting the Library
When coming to the library during the pandemic, we ask that your visit be brief – come in, browse the collection, check out what you need, and take your items home to enjoy. Computer use will only be allowed in 1-hour sessions, seating is limited, and our study and meeting rooms will not be available.
The Winnetka Library is open to the public and has curbside pickup is available:
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 6pm
Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday 11am – 5pm
The Northfield Branch Library remains closed to the public but has curbside pickup available:
Curbside Pickup Only
Monday: 9am – 1pm
Wednesday: 2pm – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
*unavailable on holidays
Curbside available via appointment only.
We take your health and safety seriously. If you have any indication of COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. We will be enforcing the following safety requirements:
- Masks are required for all patrons ages 2 and older. Face coverings must always be worn over the nose and mouth while inside the library.
- Always practice social distancing of 6-feet or greater.
- Building capacity is limited; during busy times there may be a line to enter the building. Please be courteous with the length of your visit to allow others entry.
- Protective acrylic shields have been installed at all service desks.
- We encourage frequent hand-washing and/or use of hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 7-days before circulating again.
- Checkout books, movies, music, and other resources
- Pick up holds inside the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library via contactless curbside pickup
- In-person browsing of our collections at the Winnetka Library
- Reference and readers advisory services from Youth and Adult Services librarians in person, phone, email or through our new Found4You service
- Computer stations
- Wi-Fi access
- Printing and copying
Some of our collections, services, and spaces are not available during this phase of reopening:
- Seating areas and worktables have been removed temporarily
- Meeting and Study rooms are not available
- The Quiet Room is closed, and newspapers are unavailable.
- No in-person programming – view our events calendar for virtual programs
- Toys, games, and other interactives are not available
- No eating or drinking inside the library
- STEAM kits are not available
- The Studio is closed
Questions? We are happy to help! Send us an email or call during our service hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-446-7220