Covid-19 Safety Precautions
While we continue to follow guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and the Illinois Department of Public Health, visitors should expect some guidelines and procedures to further minimize the community spread of COVID-19.
We are encouraged by the recent announcement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing.
Since the announcement, our leadership has been in discussion about what this now means for our protocols. We continue to follow the Illinois Department of Public Health’s guidelines and as of now, those still indicate the need for masks in indoor spaces.
Until further notice, we will adhere to our existing COVID-19 mitigations (required masks indoors and social distancing). Since the library is a public space used by patrons of all ages, we must consider the safety of all users as we contemplate any policy changes. We appreciate your patience as we review this new guidance and the potential impact on all members of the community as we move into the next phase of re-opening.
What We Ask of You:
For the health and safety of staff and visitors, we will be enforcing the following safety requirements:
- Do not come inside the library if you are sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive recently, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Practice social distancing, wear a mask covering your nose and mouth (age 2 and over), and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Limit your visit to one hour or less per day.
- Refrain from eating or drinking inside the library.
- Use the self-checkout stations whenever possible.
- Use our contactless curbside service if you are uncomfortable coming inside the library.
Note: Failure to comply with safety requirements may cause you to be denied entrance or asked to leave the library.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Staff will stay home if exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Staff will practice social distancing, wear masks covering their noses and mouths, and wash/sanitize their hands frequently.
- Increased cleaning protocols in high touch areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations are readily available.
- Plexiglas shields at service counters.
- Reconfigured library layout to allow for better social distancing.
- Hold pick-up in person or via contactless curbside service
- In-person browsing of our collections
- Circulating periodicals and digital newspapers
- In-person and virtual appointments in The Studio
- Virtual programs
- In-person, phone, or email reference and readers advisory services
- Personalized reading picks through our new Found4You service
- 30 minutes of computer use per day
- In-person and remote printing and copying services
- Mobile app to access your library account, register for programs, and more!
- Tables and seating (except for computer users)
- Meetings, study rooms, and quiet rooms
- Print newspapers
- Toys, games, STEAM kits, and other Youth Services interactives
- Water fountains