Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District Expanding Hours and Services Effective Monday, June 7.
In response to the state of Illinois moving to A Bridge to Phase 5 stage, we are making additional adjustments to our services. We are happy to announce the following service enhancements went into effect Monday, June 7.
Updated hours for both locations
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday – Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
Northfield Branch Library
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 7 pm
Friday – Saturday: 9am – 5 pm
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
Other service enhancements
- Expanded capacity for both locations:
- Northfield: maximum of 28 people
- Winnetka: maximum of 132 people
- Seating has been reintroduced at safe intervals.
- Newspapers are available for browsing.
- Quiet Room is open with a maximum capacity of 8 people.
- Study rooms are available at the Winnetka Library for two-hour periods, on a first-come, first-served basis
- Meeting room is available for reservation at the Winnetka Library, up to 30 days in advance, with a maximum of 22 people
- Curbside Pickup will continue during all operating hours at both locations.
- Public computers are available in one-hour, renewable time slots.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
The Library building is open to all visitors to browse the collections, check out materials, use computers, create in The Studio and as a place to work and study. Due to the COVID-19 virus, we continue to monitor building capacity and ask that visitors take the following precautions when visiting:
For the health and safety of staff and visitors, we will be enforcing the following safety requirements:
• Do not come inside the library if you are sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive recently or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
• Practice social distancing, and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
Refrain from eating or drinking inside the library.
We ask that you follow the below guidelines regarding masks:
• Vaccinated? Masks not required.
• Unvaccinated? Masks strongly recommended.
• Masking for the children and immune-compromised? Greatly appreciated.
Note: Failure to comply with safety requirements may cause you to be denied entrance or asked to leave the library.