Youth Services Associate
The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks a dynamic, friendly, and innovative part-time Associate for our Youth Services Department. This is a service-oriented position that is responsible for reference and readers’ advisory services for youth and families, as well as implementing programming that meets the needs of youth and families in the community.
Specifications and Requirements:
- Current knowledge of youth literature and media
- Understanding of library practices and trends
- Ability to plan, implement and facilitate programming for youth and families
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with a variety of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position requires access to reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license to travel between branches and community events.
One year of experience working with children and their caregivers in a library or similarly paced environment
Salary: 15.24 per hour
Hours: Part Time 25 hr/wk position, including evening and weekend hours
Position open until filled.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Garrity, Head of Youth Services email@example.com with Youth Services Associate in the subject line.
Part Time Library Page
We are seeking an individual who is organized, detail-oriented, and likes helping people. This position is a part-time opportunity with an hour average between 15-18 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
The applicant must:
- Be highly skilled at detail work
- Have reliable transportation between district branches
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., bend and stretch or use a step-stool to routinely retrieve materials on very high or low shelves.
- Able to maneuver book carts up to 80 lbs.
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor a must.
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time, 15 to 18 hours per week, evenings and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Assistant Head of Circulation Services, Brandon Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Part Time Library Page in the subject line.