Programming Specialist Librarian II
The Programming Specialist develops, plans, coordinates, assists with the execution and evaluates programs for all ages District-wide based on analytical data. They also lead large scale programs and events that involve multiple departments. This position also assists patrons of all ages at public service desks.
- With the help of library staff and managers develop a core standard of programming best practices, including program attendance standards, promotion guidelines, and program timing. Using this standard, train and assist staff in planning and evaluating programming throughout the district.
- Assist and/or lead major programs involving multiple library departments.
- Coordinate District efforts to promote programs and collections to enhance their appeal and promote their use.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of program performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to the Director.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings to present programming and outreach statistics and collaborate with staff on goals for District programming for the coming quarter.
- Coordinate outreach opportunities for the District to obtain a greater understanding of community needs.
- Create and maintain a calendar of community events and community organization contact lists. Include information that will affect District programming:
- Act as liaison for the local schools, Park District and Community House events
- Represent the library in pertinent professional, educational and community activities.
- Coordinate and contributes content to internal staff and public webpages.
- Participate in activities, conferences, and committees, including on-site and virtual professional development opportunities and training.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent education and experience.
- Dependable transportation between district branches and library sanctioned events required.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
Salary: Commensurate with experience from $24.82 to $37.23 per hour.
Hours: Full Time
Please email cover letter and resume to Sarah Quish, Head of Communications & Marketing at email@example.com.