Adult Services Librarian
The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District is seeking an enthusiastic lifelong learner with a mastery of the core values of librarianship to provide proactive assistance to the public, support the collection development goals of the district, and participate in programming for general and targeted audiences.
This position holds a focus on training and instruction for both district staff and the community under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Library Director.
The Adult Services Department embraces innovation and serves an educated and tech-savvy community. The successful candidate will be a natural collaborator, work well with a multi-generational community, and be comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once. A passion for teaching and learning is essential.
- Retains an individual focus on training and instruction and facilitates an annual project within that focus to improve library services, collections or programs.
- Assists patrons at all service points proficiently, providing exemplary customer service district wide.
- Provides proactive adult reference and readers’ advisory service while handling multiple simultaneous requests for assistance.
- Facilitates experiential learning opportunities in the Studio makerspace.
- Develops, presents and supports library programs for the community and staff including makerspace programs, with an emphasis on adult audiences.
- Collaborates with the Adult Collection Development Librarian to maintain the Adult collection.
- Maintains a working, professional knowledge of trends in adult services and the profession.
- Represents the library in pertinent professional, educational and community outreach activities.
- Serves as library Person-in-Charge (PIC), as assigned.
Education: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt position includes a benefits package with participation in IMRF pension fund plus generous paid vacation and sick leave.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, includes evenings and weekends
Hourly Wage: Beginning at $22.41/hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Emily Compton-Dzak, Assistant Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: October 7, 2019
Youth Services Librarian
Does your ideal day involve scarves, shakers, and bubbles? Are you as comfortable sharing books with preschoolers as you are with their parents, caregivers, & teachers? The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks an energetic, innovative collaborator to join our Youth Services department as a full-time Librarian.
This position works with the Youth Services Department under the direction and supervision of the Head of Youth Services and may include shifts at any service point in the District.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience building relationships with childcare and school systems and would be able to act as liaison between the Library and these core community services.
This full-time, non-exempt position includes a benefits package with participation in IMRF pension fund plus generous paid vacation and sick leave.
- Create and implement well-rounded programming for patrons aged birth – high school across a two-branch system including a weekly storytime
- Foster a relationship with the local childcare and school systems that includes providing resources and regular outreach visits
- Collaborate with the Youth Collection Development Librarian to maintain the Youth collection
- Provide reference services to patrons of all ages with a proficiency in early literacy and school-aged resources
- Perform readers’ advisory services including creating displays and booklists; offer personalized services as needed
- Facilitate experiential learning opportunities in the Studio makerspace
- Maintain a working, professional knowledge of trends in youth services and the profession
- Represent the library in pertinent professional, educational and community outreach activities
Education: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
Salary: Beginning at $22.41/hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours/week, includes evenings and weekends
Please email cover letter and resume to Amanda Garrity, Head of Youth at email@example.com.
Part Time Library Page
We are seeking an individual who is organized, detail-oriented, and likes helping people. This position is a part-time opportunity with an hour average between 15-18 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
The applicant must:
- Be highly skilled at detail work
- Have reliable transportation between district branches
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., bend and stretch or use a step-stool to routinely retrieve materials on very high or low shelves.
- Able to maneuver book carts up to 80 lbs.
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor a must.
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time, 15 to 18 hours per week, evenings and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Head of Circulation Services, Katie Cangelosi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Part Time Library Page in the subject line.