The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District is seeking an enthusiastic lifelong learner with a passion for libraries and technology to work in the Studio, a makerspace focusing on art education using both traditional media and digital fabrication equipment (3D printer, laser cutter, embroidery machine, etc.). The Studio Associate will participate in Studio activities, including assisting users with equipment and teaching classes.
The Adult Services Department embraces innovation and serves an educated and tech-savvy community. The successful candidate will be a natural collaborator, have the ability to work with a multi-generational community, and be comfortable juggling multiple tasks at once. A passion for teaching and learning is essential.
Evening and weekend hours required.
Specifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated customer service and instruction skills.
- Knowledge of digital design software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDraw, Inkscape or equivalent desired.
- Some experience with and/or knowledge of 3D printers, laser cutters, or other digital fabrication equipment preferable.
- Basic knowledge of reference and readers’ advisory principles a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member and to exercise individual judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Reliable transportation for travel between branches, community events and other job-related activities.
Salary: $15.24 per hour
Hours: 15-18 hr/wk position, including evening and weekend hours
Please submit a cover letter and resume by March 16, 2020 to:
Emily Compton-Dzak, Assistant Director and Head of Adult Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Library Page
We are seeking an individual who is organized, detail-oriented, and likes helping people. This position is a part-time opportunity with an hour average between 15-18 hours. These hours are a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
The applicant must:
- Be highly skilled at detail work
- Have reliable transportation between district branches
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., bend and stretch or use a step-stool to routinely retrieve materials on very high or low shelves.
- Able to maneuver book carts up to 80 lbs.
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor a must.
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time, 15 to 18 hours per week, evenings and weekends
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Assistant Head of Circulation Services, Brandon Marshall (email@example.com) with Part Time Library Page in the subject line.