Get a Library Card
Most residents of Winnetka, Northfield, and Kenilworth are entitled to a Library Card. Please follow the link below to get started. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection act, you must be 13 or older in order to complete this registration.
When applying for a card a photo identification and a document showing both name and current address is required. The individual who is applying must be physically present to receive card at the Winnetka Public Library or Northfield Public Library and show his or her own identification.
The following items may be used to establish identity and current proof of residence. All items must be valid on the date of the card request.
- Illinois State Driver’s License
- Illinois State Official Identification Card
- Utility Bills mailed within the previous (30) days made out to the individual. Gas, water, telephone or electric bills are accepted.
Other acceptable items include:
- Lease or rental agreement
- Rent or house payment receipt
- Home ownership contract
- Property tax bill for the current year
- Vehicle sticker receipt for the current year
Persons residing outside of the Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District who are not served by another library may purchase a card at the library nearest their residence.
If your card is not used in a 3 year period to checkout Library material you will need to visit the Library to confirm and update your account information. Failure to do so will result in an invalid card.