How Does It Work?
- REQUEST Place holds for materials. Ways you can place holds:
- WAIT When your holds have been filled you will receive an automated email or phone notification that your items are ready for pickup.
- PICKUP Come to the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library during our operating hours, park in one of the available spaces, and call the number on the sign. We will meet you outside and place materials in your popped trunk or on a table for walkup service.
Curbside Pickup Details
- All holds will be held for four days.
- Patrons are not able to place holds, ask questions, etc. from their parking spot. Curbside pickup is only for patrons who have holds and have received a call notifying them that they can pick up their items during a scheduled time.
- Staff may refuse to deliver orders if patrons are not following social distancing guidelines.
- Staff will not accept returns from patrons or cars during a Curbside Pickup transaction. Bookdrops are available for returns, or items can be returned inside both library locations.
Health & Safety
- Staff report to work only if they (and family members) are healthy.
- Social distancing guidelines are closely followed.
- Staff and patrons have no contact during Curbside Pickup.
- Workspaces have increased cleaning protocols.
Can I walk/bike to the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library for my Curbside Pickup?
Yes, no problem! Just follow the same procedures (call the number on the sign to let us know you’ve arrived) and instead of waiting in a parking spot wait by the walkup table at the bottom of the ramp at the Winnetka Library, or by the main doors at the Northfield Branch Library.
Just remember to step aside and maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others while you wait. A staff member will bring out your bagged items.
Can I use the wireless printing service for Curbside Pickup?
Wireless printing and requests for printed items are available through Curbside Pickup for Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District cardholders only. Please email us your file and contact information to the library location you would like to pick up your printed items, either the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library. You will be contacted when your printed materials are ready.
Can I browse in the building?
Yes! The library is open to the public. You can come into the library to browse, use the computers, or pick up your holds from the holds shelf.
Can I reserve books from other libraries?
Yes. Our interlibrary loan service is up and running. You can request items from other libraries in our catalog or by phone, and you will be notified when they are available.