How Does It Work?
- REQUEST Place holds for materials. Ways you can place holds:
- WAIT When your holds have been filled, you will receive an automated email to the address associated with your account. You can then schedule a curbside pickup time for the location where your items are being held.
- PICKUP Come to the Winnetka Library Northfield Branch Library during your scheduled pickup time, park in one of the available spaces and call. To keep us all safe, we will meet you outside and place materials in your popped trunk or on a table for walkup service.
- ENJOY Please enjoy your materials. You may return them at the bookdrops at the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library, or inside the Winnetka Libray.
Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
*unavailable on holidays
Northfield Branch Library
Monday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Wednesday: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
*unavailable on holidays
Curbside Pickup Details
- Patrons are limited to 5 adult and 15 youth items per Curbside Pickup order each day.
- Only one library card may be processed per order.
- All holds will be held for four days at Winnetka and seven days at Northfield, for Curbside Pickup or in library pickup.
- Only WNPLD cardholders may request a Curbside Pickup order.
- The library will ONLY service patrons in the designated 20-minute Curbside Pickup parking spots. If the spots are full, please circle the block until one is available.
- Patrons are not able to place holds, ask questions, etc. from their parking spot. Curbside pickup is only for patrons who have holds and have received a call notifying them that they can pick up their items during a scheduled time.
- Staff may refuse to deliver orders if patrons are not following social distancing guidelines.
- Staff will not accept returns from patrons or cars during a Curbside Pickup transaction. The bookdrops are open at both library locations or items can be returned inside the Winnetka Library.
Health & Safety
- Staff report to work only if they (and family members) are healthy.
- Limited staff members are allowed in the building at the same time.
- Social distancing guidelines are closely followed.
- Staff and patrons have no contact during Curbside Pickup.
- All library staff working curbside service will be given disposable gloves, disposable masks, and other PPE as needed. Per recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Workspaces are regularly cleaned with sanitizer.
Can I walk/bike to the Winnetka Library or Northfield Branch Library for my Curbside Pickup?
Yes, no problem! Just follow the same procedures (call the number on the sign to let us know you’ve arrived) and instead of waiting in a parking spot wait by the walkup table at the bottom of the ramp at the Winnetka Library, or by the table stationed outside the main doors at the Northfield Branch Library.
Just remember to step aside and maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others while you wait. A staff member will bring out your bagged items and place them on the table.
Are you getting new books?
Yes! We have restarted our deliveries and will be receiving new physical items for our collection that will be available for hold.
Am I accruing late fees for books I’m unable to return?
No! There will be no fines for any materials you have checked out during the building closure.
Can I use the wireless printing service for Curbside Pickup?
Wireless printing and requests for printed items are not available through Curbside Pickup at this time.
Thanks to our community for your support during this difficult time. The safety of our staff and community is our highest priority. We appreciate your patience as we work to reopen safely.