- Ancestry Library Edition – Search through a wide variety of genealogical sources, including census, birth, and marriage records. This resource can only be used inside the Winnetka Library or the Northfield Branch.
- GenealogyBank – Search genealogy records from 1690 to the present, including obituaries, marriage notices, birth announcements, casualty lists, military and government documents, and more.
- HeritageQuest – Research genealogy and local history information.
- Chicago Tribune – Historical – The full text of the Chicago Tribune from 1849 to 1986.
- Proquest Obituaries – Search obituaries in major U.S. newspapers as far back as 1850.
- World Vital Records – Search for family history and genealogical information, including census, military, Social Security, and newspaper records.
The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District collection of genealogy materials is located in the Adult Services area on the first floor. These historical genealogy materials are part of the reference collection available for use in the library. Other historical materials are available via the Library’s subscription databases above. For help accessing online materials, please visit the Adult Services desk.