All Databases & Resources A to Z
- Ancestry Library Edition -Search through a wide variety of genealogical sources, including census, birth, and marriage records. This resource can only be used inside the Winnetka Library or the Northfield Branch.
- Biography in Context – Search for biographies of scientists, politicians, historical figures, and more.
- Britannica for Kids – Online version of Encyclopedia Britannica, with special features for kids.
- Britannica Public Library Edition – Online version of Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Business Insights : Global – Find company profiles, market research, statistical reports, case studies, and other types of business research.
- Chicago Consumers’ Checkbook – Ratings of Chicago area stores and service providers.
- Chicago Tribune – Find articles from the Chicago Tribune, from 1985 to the present.
- Chicago Tribune – Historical – Find articles from the Chicago Tribune, from 1849 to 1990.
- Cloud Library – Downloadable books that you can read on your iPad, Android tablet, Nook, or computer.
- Consumer Reports – The complete online Consumer Reports. Includes automobile and appliance ratings.
- Demographics Now – Provides easy access to census information, including interactive maps and customized reports.
- Encyclopedia Britannica – The online version of Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Encyclopedia Britannica for Kids – The online version of Encyclopedia Britannica, with special features for kids.
- FirstSearch – Search for books and articles that are unavailable in our local library system. If you find something of interest, you may request it here.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library – A collection of encyclopedias and reference books on a variety of topics.
- Grzimek’s Animal Life Encyclopedia – An encyclopedia on animals and biology
- Health & Wellness Resource Center – Search for up-to-date health information from medical magazines and journals.
- HeritageQuest – Research genealogy and local history information.
- Illinois Legal Forms – Thousands of State and Federal forms, on topics such as wills and estates, bankruptcy, and real estate.
- InfoTrac OneFile – Search for newspaper and magazine articles on a variety of subjects, including current events, economics, sports and more.
- Kids InfoBits – Information about current events, science, government, sports, and more. Created for kids in kindergarten through 5th grade.
- LexisNexis Library Express – News, business, and legal sources, including international newspapers, trade publications, and company information. Legal research is only available in the Winnetka and Northfield libraries.
- Literature Resource Center – Summaries and analysis of over 90,000 books and authors, with a focus on the classics.
- Lynda.com – Video tutorial courses on creative and professional skills.
- Mango Languages – Learn a new language the fun way with this interactive tool. Over 50 languages available. Put the app on your phone!
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – Contains company ratings and analysis, as well as stock and fund screeners.
- MyMediaMall – Downloadable books, audiobooks and videos which you can use on your computer and media player (many iPod and Mac compatible).
- NewYorkTimes.com – Paywall-free access to the New York Times online, with no article limit.
- New York Times – Recent Archive – Find articles from the New York Times, from 1980 to the present.
- New York Times – Historical Archive – Find articles from the New York Times, from 1851 to 2009.
- Novelist – Tell Novelist your favorite authors, and it will tell you your next favorite book.
- Novelist K-8 – Find children’s books based on their favorite authors and topics.
- Oxford English Dictionary – The online version of the authoritative dictionary for word history, meaning, and pronunciation.
- RB Digital Magazines – Download magazines to read on your iPad, iPhone, Android device or computer. Check our Getting Started with RB Digital Magazines Guide (PDF) for details.
- Reference USA – A business and residential directory. Search by geography, company size, NAICS, and more.
- Rosetta Stone – Use Rosetta Stone to learn languages with a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Science in Context – Information about scientific topics and experiments, as well as biographies of scientists.
- Shaping of America, 1783-1815 Reference Library – Chronicles and illustrates the important period when America forged its place at home and on the international stage.
- Small Business Resource Center – Business plans, legal forms, and trade journals relevant to running a small business.
- TumbleBookCloud Junior – A collection of videos and chapter books including read-alongs, graphic novels, and videos from National Geographic.
- TumbleBooks – A collection of animated, talking picture books.
- U.S. History in Context – History research with an emphasis on primary sources, such as speeches, magazine articles, and historical documents.
- Value Line Research Center – Investment research information including online versions of the Value Line Investment surveys, the mutual fund survey, and more.
- Wall Street Journal – Find articles from the Wall Street Journal, from 1984 to the present.
- The Winnetka Talk – Find articles from the Winnetka Talk, from 1995 to the present.
- Worldcat – Search for books and articles that are unavailable in our local library system. If you find something of interest, you may request it here.
- World Vital Records – Search for family history and genealogical information, including census, military, Social Security, and newspaper records.