The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks a personable and professional part-time graphic designer to join a fast-paced library marketing environment. This is a production-oriented position that is primarily responsible for creating new and revised promotional materials for events and services for the Winnetka main library and its branch library in Northfield, IL. Candidates must be self-starting and capable of working autonomously on assigned projects with excellent time management skills.
This is a part-time, 15-18 hours per week, non-exempt position. The position requires working regularly scheduled days between the hours of 9am and 5pm in the Marketing and Communications Department. This position reports to the Head of Communications and Marketing. This is an opportunity to become part of a fast-paced creative production team at a busy library on Chicago’s North Shore.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to 3 years professional work experience in a design or office environment.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates proven skills in print production and design.
- Expert Adobe InDesign skills.
- Expert Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Computer skills and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to work during standard business hours: Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Ability to work with others professionally, follow policies, and work in support of management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly and follow production calendar to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change and stay organized while multi-tasking in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must be comfortable receiving and applying creative direction and constructive feedback.
- Self-starting and comfortable working autonomously on assigned projects. Excellent time management skills.
- Desire to hold a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Manages revisions and creates designs for printed and digital marketing materials on a regular and recurring basis, including signs, posters, ads, invitations, bookmarks and digital images that promote library programs.
- Creates and modifies graphic elements in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Maintains self-proofing activities to ensure quality of production.
- Writes basic promotional copy as needed.
- Represents the library in pertinent professional, educational and community activities.
- Assists with maintenance and creation of library displays and bulletin boards.
- Assists with creating content for promotional usage, including taking photos at Library events.
- Adjust schedule when necessary to accommodate library needs.
- Attends and participates in staff, department and other job-related meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours: Part Time, 15 to 18 hours per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Please submit a cover letter, resume and design samples to:
Sarah Quish, Head of Communications & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graphic Designer’ in the subject line.
Administrative Services Assistant
The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks a friendly, creative, enthusiastic, service and detail oriented individual to join our Administrative Team. The Administrative Services Assistant provides administrative support to the Library Director and business office. This is a part-time hourly position and works under the general supervision of the Library Director. The Administrative Services Assistant has access to confidential and financial information and must strictly adhere to library policies and procedures.
- Acts as assistant to the accountant, ensuring the proper coding of invoices, bank deposits, and cash register reconciliations
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records for the library district, ensuring that they are updated in a timely and sensitive manner.
- Maintains the Library Board calendar and files legal documents as mandated.
- Collates, prints, and delivers all board packets to library district trustees.
- Attend board meetings and transcribe board meeting minutes and submit to the Director and Board Secretary for review.
- Assists the Library Director with phone calls, correspondence, preparing reports and other communications.
- Compiles and prepares statistical reports
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college, preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in data entry, typing, organization, and filing.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher, as well as familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-developed ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Ability to work independently, handle sensitive situations with firmness and tact, maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation
Hours: Part Time, 10 to 15 hours per week
Minimum salary: $15.50
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Rebecca Wolf at email@example.com with ‘Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line.